The particular item being crafted was an item known (in 1970s rural Borders country) as a neckwarmer. Something that is just BEGGING to be reintroduced to 2013 city kids! My thinking was as follows:
- The Bairn's winter coat has failed to take into account the condition tubby-toddler-no-neck. Result - scratchy zip/Velcro rubbing his delicate chins (plural meant) skin.
- He is too wee for a scarf - he'll only strangle himself one way or another.
- A scarf is quite long and might take a while.
Hold on! Hold on! Gis a break (as we say in these parts)! Okay, I accept that it may be a little rough around the edges. I concede - a whole lot rough around the edges. And the first finished effort wouldn't even squeeze past his ears. But I TRIED!
Feeling suitably inadequate, I vowed to step up my game and came up with this monstrosity.
- It would fit a 10 year old. God, it would house a 10 year old.
- It's so fluffy, The Bairn's breathing is obstructed when its on his little cranium.
- Clearly it's only acceptable to wear fluff if you're a girl.