Sunday 3 June 2012

Baby Cuisine - Fishy Pie

I'm going to get right in there and tell you this recipe. It is brilliant, if I do say so myself.

Ingredients

4 quality cod fish fingers
2 medium sized potatoes
Dairylea triangle
Full fat milk
Cheese
Parsley
Peas

1. Cook your fish fingers, when cooled take off the batter (and scoff it, you greedy mare!), and flake fish into a bowl.
2. Boil your peeled/chopped up tattied.
Mash when soft. Add a little unsalted butter and milk if you like.
3. Steam your peas - I use frozen ones - and mash/blitz.
4. MAKE BABY CHEESE SAUCE:
Dairylea triangle, splash of full-fat milk and a generous fingerful of grated cheese in a plastic tub, microwave 20 seconds, mix it up, done!
5. Stir in chopped parsley - I use frozen stuff.
6. Mix fish/parsley/cheese sauce together.
7. In ramikins do layer of fish mix, then mushy peas, then mashed potato. Empty onto a plate.

Check it out! It's frickin gorgeous! Gordon "PottyMouth" Ramsarse couldnt do it better!

My Bairn wolfed it down. Got one in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, one in the freezer to keep.

You may see below my beloved The Other Half. Nope, I have no idea either. Check out the Tubster anxiously awaiting Scran O' Clock. Bless him!

In other news, leaving aforementioned Bairn with Granny for a whole day including bed-time tomorrow. First time I've not been there at bedtime.

:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment