Saturday 12 May 2012

Topic 3. Baking and Whatnot

Holy moly.

Today I gifted my beautiful friend Donna and her family some my finest chocolate brownies. They are the most deliciousest brownies in the whole world. Even that guy with the pies - Hollywood is his name, off that Bake Off TV show - would sink into a sublime coma of sugary happiness after one of my SPECTACULAR brownies. Would probably declare me to be "Britain's Finest Amateur Chef" and give me some sort of edible award. Hopefully one of my own chocolate brownies, but maybe with a bit of that gold powder you can eat dusted carefully on top.

Anyway, I don't like to go on about my chocolate brownies, but I'll tell you an interesting factoid about them.

You know that lady? The one that purées EVERY-BLOODY-THING and puts the recipes into a book and has made millions from suggesting that you can make food smooth and your baby WILL eat it? (Probably true...)

("Just add a bit of papaya to last weeks leftover cabbage leaves from the bottom of the fridge, stick it in the blender, and hey presto - irresistible" is (not really) a true example of one of her recipes.)

Well, "My Favourite Chocolate Brownies", are in the Healthy Snacks For Ages 3-17 section of her book. Yes really. They contain vitamins A, B12 and D. Ho yes, people! Health food! More than half a block of butter, and an entire SHED load of sugar. But think of the vitamins! My God they are scrumptious, healthy or otherwise. (it's otherwise)

I kept 8 of the yumsters for me and The Other Half. I'll purée 2 for The Bairn. Might be nice mixed in with cauliflower cheese purée i made earlier....

No comments:

Post a Comment